About FMGE SCREENING TEST
Test Regulations 2002. As per the regulations, "An Indian citizen/Overseas citizen of India possessing a primary medical qualification awarded by any medical institution outside India who is desirous of getting provisional or permanent registration with the Medical Council of India or any State Medical Council on or after 15.03.2002 shall have to qualify a screening test conducted by the prescribed authority for that purpose as per the provisions of Section 13 of the Act.”
The Applicant must meet/fulfill the following criteria:
- He/She is a citizen of India or overseas citizen of India.
- The candidate should possess a primary medical qualification, which is confirmed by the Indian Embassy concerned, to be a recognized qualification for enrolment as medical practitioner in the country in which the institution awarding the said qualification is situated.
FMGE Exam - Rs. 5500/-
Scheme of Examination FMGE
FMGE (SCREENING TEST) BLUE PRINT
Its a computer based exam. FMGE is divided into two parts of 150 questions each with time allocation of 150 minutes for each part. There is a scheduled break between the two parts.
The exam will include all subjects taught during the MBBS course including pre-clinical, para-clinical and clinical. Approximate weightage will be given to each subject as indicated in the bulletin.
A. PRE & PARA CLINICAL SUBJECTS: 100 MARKS
- ANATOMY - 17 Questions
- PHYSIOLOGY - 17 Questions
- BIOCHEMISTRY - 17 Questions
- PATHOLOGY - 13 Questions
- MICROBIOLOGY - 13 Questions
- PHARMACOLOGY - 13 Questions
- FORENSIC MEDICINE- 10 Questions
24.1% students pass the Screening Test (FMGE)?
B. CLINICAL SUBJECTS: 200 MARKS
- MEDICINE & ALLIED SUBJECTS
- MEDICINE - 33 Questions
- PSYCHIATRY - 05 Questions
- DERMATOLOGY & STD - 05 Questions
- RADIOTHERAPY - 05 Questions
- GENERAL SURGERY & ALLIED SUBJECTS
- GENERAL SURGERY - 32 Questions
- ANESTHESIOLOGY - 05 Questions
- ORTHOPEDICS - 05 Questions
- RADIODIAGNOSIS - 05 Questions
- PEDIATRICS - 15 Questions
- OPHTHALMOLOGY - 15 Questions
- OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY - 15 Questions
- OBSTETRICS & GYNAECOLOGY - 30 Questions
- COMMUNITY MEDICINE - 30 Questions
TYPE OF QUESTIONS
The exam will only contain multiple choice questions, each with four (4) options and only one (1) correct response.
NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS
There is no restriction on number of attempts that can be availed by an applicant.